RICHARD GERE STRIKES AGAIN...

... in Nights in Rodanthe.  I'm a little behind the times with movies, choosing to rent them rather than go to the big screen cinema.  This time it was worth it!  I got to rewind...a Richard Gere movie is just like that!  This was a particularly touching movie, I found.  It coupled my love of the ocean, the complications and tough work involved in relationship and the most natural living environment one could ask for...maybe a little too natural in parts of the movie.  However, it all worked (especially the close-ups of the Mister!!)  Today's card is dedicated to those people who have found their perfect hide-out with a breath-taking view and their own RICHARD GERE look-alike to share it all with!! SQUISHY HUGS.








 


Goodies:
Technique:  Before I stamped the card, I inked my stamps with Versamark.  I stamped the cottage in light grey and then waited for 5 minutes.  I added clear embossing powder to my card over the ink.  It was my preference that the cottage on stilts not be shiny, but retain its rugged feel, however it needed a tad of  highlight - thus the light coat of embossing powder that stuck only like a powder and very sporadically. I used my cuttlebug with a bubble folder on the blue cardstock, and attached a 1 1/2" larger piece of cardstock to the inside back of the card. On the inside of the card (the orange part) I versamarked the geese and rock stamp, then embossed immediately with clear powder.  My technique was then to sponge Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink over the page, highlighting places of my choosing.  I stamped the middle with various tones of beige and yellows in order to blend into the Pumkin Pie.  On the front of the card, once again, I ripped a piece of paper, laid it down as my template, and sponged teal waves below the ripped edge, moving the ripped paper as I felt a wave would look, in order to add some dimension.  This is what keeps above the wave clean and white.  The ripped paper covers above the wave while only the rip was used as my template and edge for inking the waves.  I then took the same color of teal blue and sponged a tad on the sky to give the sense of balance, being sure to darken the corners and sides, to frame the picture.  I then mounted the picture on a slightly lighter blue than the color stock of the card.  The ribbon color was choosen to bring out the light grey of the cottage.  My comment on this card is:  Be daring, try anything, never give up even when you think the card is going to be a bomb!  Sometimes, to your surprise...GRACE HAPPENS...

Paper:  Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Going Grey (SU)
Ribbon: Yikes!  I forget the color but it is SU
Stamps: Geese (Art Impressions L-1477), Cottage - Thomas Point (PSX - K2778)
Bubbles Cuttlebug Folder

1 comment:

  1. Excellent job, as usual! This is a gorgeous stamp, and gorgeous stamps make gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x