BLOCKHEADS PAPER ARTS


USING BLEACH!

Over at the Blockheads Blog there is a Challenge (and tutorial) using bleach.  I decided to make up a card using bleach in a rather different, but not too dissimilar way.
I started with black paper and dripped bleach on the paper until it started to turn brown.
I then spritzed bleach on the paper until it started to take on a warmer brown effect.
I then versamarked the Blockhead Stamp Set called FEELING REGAL and stamped the card.
Next I covered with white embossing powder and heated, which served to raise the white on the Blockheads stamp image but also to further lighten the bleached areas.
I then both sponged my bleached areas with some Tim Holtz Weathered colors of Ink and also Sponged my stamped areas with shades of pinks and burgundy. 
Then I rubbed the stamped areas with a cloth to the colors of my liking.
I backed my card on brown cardstock, as you can see, with the pink and white and my stamped image much wider than my card, for a really different effect.
The rest of the decorating is history, using Taylored Expressions, Tim Holtz and Basic Grey Products.

I hope you enjoy the outcome!






this paper started out jet black







I am in love with this ribbon!







who hasn't shmushed their liquid pearls while embellishing elsewhere on the card...GRRR



This was fun!  I cut a really think piece of the pink paper and curled with the scissors!








FEELING REGAL!
samara

1 comment:

  1. I like your interesting use of the bleach. Very pretty colors and over all look. I noticed you used the stamps exactly as they were laid out on the sheet instead of separating them apart. I wouldn't have thought to do that but I like the look.

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x