WORK BY DAY (and FRIDAY FILL INS).....

PLAY BY NIGHT...

Happy Friday lovely friends!

It has been 3 weeks since I last blogged, however I have so enjoyed looking at "your" blogs.  I've been lazy blogging, but busy "arting" and "cruising" the net looking at the most creative and wonderful art.

I almost have to make an appointment with myself to do this...to take the time to look and travel to all your sites, to just let my cursor take me where it wants, to sojourn with you, to click the clicks at the bottom of the art I land on and close my eyes, then open them and say to myself "surprise!"

It has felt like I am "Mr. Bean" sending myself mail!  So today will be a busy art post, catching you up from the last time.  Excuse me if I repeat some art ... I am not so sure where I left off.

Love to you all - I truly missed you.

LOVIES,
Samara

DISCLAIMER:  I so wish blogger had a "turn left - turn right" on their adjustments of size etc.  I apologize for a few that are amiss.  They are right side up on my "pictures" file but go haywire often when I bring them over here.  Grrrrr Blogger!  Can we revolt? lol





Shhh. This is for my daughter's birthday... I created it to typify her life! lol (24 - it should be that way...right?  right?  lol)






I decided to try my hand at using a pic from a magazine that I liked and beads.  The left page was an experiment also.  I lit the paper (and my hand unfortunately) on fire.  It was parchment.  I didn't know the "blowtorch" would make it crazyfire! lol  And yes, it was only a boil blister burn.  (drama queen huh)







 I was on a size-ism kick for a while and a white teeth kick and and and...and sick of our media and how it feeds us all this bulldog shiatzu stuff.  So that is where this came from.  Not pretty purposefully.







 This came from the "Whatevers" challenge I was part of - given the picks and tell a story.  It was so fun.  Looking at these bored little kids.  It reminded me of "kiss your aunt" (your smelly, old, yucky aunt who fed you the most grotesque cookies) - not like the other cool, funky aunt who gives you chocolate filled mints and says shhhhhh!!! haha)







 I really loved doing this page.  I experimented with a zipper in my page.  I'd never done this before and really liked the look...







My children of course and some of Christie Tomlinson's Foil Sprayed Coffee Liner Flowers.







 Some mail art to my Ph.D Administrator thanking her for everything.  She loved my art (ahem - props for me anyway from her) so I decided to send her a piece and decorate her envi!)







envi again.








man oh man if you haven't taken this workshop, you really need to!  it is from robenmarie.com an it is the cat's meow.  this is a journal...a very complex journal that i loved making.  she actually has 25 - yes count em - 25 videos for 45.00 i believe - dollars!!!!  there are journal pages, pockets inside, affirmation cards, more pockets, backing, many different choices of paper to use for your journal and affirmation cards, and on and on and on.  please give it a looksi!!!  if you don't know it yet, roben-marie rocks the sox off the artist world as far as i am concerned.  she's a big fav of mine - both in kindness, and artistic brilliance.






 the affirmation cards (sorry for the tilt your neck like a flamingo look) from robenmarie.com workshop Construct, Collage, Affirm.  Must, Must, Must.  She doesn't miss a beat in her instructions. And she is a hoot to watch.  She makes me laugh with her antics!  In other words, it is like she is in the room with you because she is so REAL and NOT impressed with herself in the least!







tilt neck to right! lol  this is the journal open (one time) not the many many more times it opens and on the left is one of the two pockets where the daily journal affirmation card can be stored, or cash or or or.







tilt neck right.  sore yet?  oy.  these are the affirmations that robenmarie.com gives to us. she prints them out a bazillion ways so we have our choice of paper, print, style etc.







this is one of the ways roben-marie suggests to design our journal pages...but there are many ways she suggests.  don't take it from here that you can construct the journal because it is so much more than i have shown here.  this is JUST a tiny glimpse and there are many different types of paper and material papers and fibers that she uses/we use for the journal to be sturdy.














 i decided to put one of robenmarie.com page in the very back.  i am giving this journal to my son (who is on my subscriber's list and i have threatened with death lol to not read my post this week) for his birthday in my.  he is a big mediator an health nut and journaller so i believe he will love roben-marie's invention and my work (oy, i hope so!) - that was referring to my work! haha







 tada - i hope your neck is alright...imagine me giving you a massage as you look at this beautiful page!  isn't it dreamy (especially on our phone book! hahahaha)






this picture is from Mindy's workshop in Tamara Laporte's LIFE BOOK 2013 Workshop.  Oh gosh, I can't say enough about the love that Tamara bestows on us.  She is such a love bug...she brings love into my house and yours every moment.  she is one of the most authentic people i know.  i love you Tam!







i just jointed stencilgirlproducts.com and get a monthly kit of stencils from them.  can you believe it...yup...i'll say it again.  a monthly kit of stencils.  this is the web.  mary beth shaw just released a book called "Flavor for Mixed Media" and it is selling hotcakes at Amazon.  She is working on her second.  Check out her blog for her packed schedule of teaching.  You may be able to catch her.  What an artist she is....just magnificent!  Thanks Mary Beth and John.  I love the Hebrew Alphabet, the Cowboy and this Web.  You are stellar people!






this is a bit of a muddy piece, but nevertheless it is using mary beth's cowboy.  it was unlike my art, so i like it... besides, who doesn't like a strappin' cowboy!






this piece was for another "whatever" story line.   Fun and wild.  I decided to integrate some of my past scrapbooking and card ephemera.  i'm starting to like doing that again.  do you do any of that?  let me know what and how you use yours.  i'd be really interested to know.






Out of all my artwork, i'd have to say, this is more of a self portrait than anything.  i saw a picture similar to the wildness of the hair and tears on mine and went berserk! i loved it.  i got out my basic grey paper lines and went to town.  i decided i wanted to do it all in bling, in patterned paper and not on canvas.  i wanted to take that challenge and see where i would go.  i've changed the picture up quite a bit but kept the eye streaks, but used my trademark stars and added lots of dimension that was not in the picture i saw originally.  when i look in this picture it speaks volumes of who i am.  tell me if you can see it when you look at my profile pic and then this...i'd be interested if you see it - the eye color etc.  there is something i can not pinpoint.  maybe you can.







on one side of this flap (that you can't see) it says "doing it our own way" - JUDAISM - "we love it" then on the side you can see it says on the flap "love" mixed "family" medi-inski. "true"  I decided to make a pun.  In this, you may notice mary beth shaw's stencil at the top left corner.  it is the Hebrew stencil, as we are Jewish (so I love it!)  but we are crazy-jewish enough that i made a funny out of it.  believe me - we are the weirdest Jews you've ever met.  i'm a doctor (metaphysical) minister, counsellor, multi-faith reverend, there are Catholics  buddist-ish jews in our family...we are the media-inski's to a T and we love it...  any of you share some crazy stuff like this?

Well lovers of the arts, thank you for hanging in for my 3 weeks of work.  I didn't bore you with 5 more pieces (that are not so - well let's say "meh.")  you know what i mean.  i am now (you can see i have a capital/non capital issue) going to pop over and see what you have rockin' this week.  Loves ya!  kisses.  samara.


Shared With lovely and talented artists who courageously post -              


http://artistsinblogland.blogspot.ca/
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.ca/
http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/
http://creativeeveryday.com
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.ca
http://www.arttherapist.ca/
http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.ca/
http://audsentimentschallengeblog.blogspot.ca/
http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://cceestampers.blogspot.ca/
http://chalknstock.blogspot.ca/
http://foryourinspirationchallenges.blogspot.ca/
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.ca/
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.ca/
http://poequoththeraven.blogspot.ca/
http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.ca/


and now for my friday fill ins


FFI


And...here we go!

1. The wind blew wildly and IT IS FINALLY GETTING RID OF THE SNOW

2. MY COMFORTER and BEING IN MY PJ.S CUDDLED UP WITH MY LADY BUG PILLOW BOUGHT IN AUSTRALIA AT JANE DAVENPORT'S STORE made me feel warm and happy all over.
3. The smell of ORANGES makes me think of THE BODY SHOP.
4. When I am feeling lazy I STILL SIT IN MY STUDIO AND CREATE!
5. Brilliant TEAL is my favorite color.
6. The door creaked and a KITTEN NAMED LEW LEW OR RIKI came in.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to COMMENTING ON BLOGS, tomorrow my plans include A HAIRCUT FOR MY 15 YEAR OLD, A "TALK" WITH MY 2 OLDERS and Sunday, I want to BEACH!   


Toodles My Lovli Artiste
Have the most wonderful and creatively loving week

SAMARA


47 comments:

  1. You are amazingly creative,love the lay outs and colors your using.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing collages and colors and design ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a whole lot of creative goodness! Your pages and colors, textures - all beautiful. Nice to meet you - thanks for stopping by and seeing me today at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. The truth is that it is a beautiful touch of color, exquisite creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have been busy creating such wonderful projects. Thank you for sharing all this arty goodness.

    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you have been very busy,Samara. I feel like I need to take a holiday to absorb every little detail. Your creativity and talent is shinning through your creations, that's for sure. It's joy to look at everything you made.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Samara!!! You are SO forgiven for not blogging a few weeks-all these goregous projects!!! They are all so beautiful I couldn't even begin to pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing at PPF and AJED, and also for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what amazing work, you are so creative and talented, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing mixed-media work!
    Wow! You've been busy!
    Isn't StencilClub the best?! :)
    I love it!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous work, so happy to see you are blogging again! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love all of these! You are skilled at creating backgrounds...they remind me of batik!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh lots of art and lots of imagination. Fabulous stuff. It must be wonderful to create in such a free and abstract way. Keep enjoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So many great pieces of art to look at. I'm partial to stitching in artwork, so I love those. And the woman who plays at night, knows things. love her. Your self portrait is interesting, I love the stars on her face. Happy ppf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Incredibly cool pages here..each one is better then the next! lol Love your use of colors and I think I need to check out some of these online classes- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And might I add, Wow! Lots of energy and wisdom and celebration here, Dr. Samara. Your exuberance shines through in all your work. I also read your bio -- so charming and yours is the only one that mentions a love of burned food. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing art, Samara! You've been busy! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You've been so busy. Those affirmation cards look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us at CAS - Colours and Sketches, I'm a little confused though as we only ask for clean and simple cards! Perhaps you'd like to look at our colours and try again? - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything is beautifully frenetic and wild...love all this color and action!! Very nice work my dear!! You have been sooo busy!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW these bits and pieces are amazing, Love everything especially the robenmarie quote, its wonderful. Im sure all the receivers with be filled with Gratitude for all the hard work and thought you have put into their gifts,Thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! You have been busy and produced some amazing work. I like to 'travel around blog land' as well, I always find new and exciting artists!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness, what amazing things you have created! Such texture and color, really fabulous! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! amazing creativity, loved looking at YOUR blog. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your blog. Congratulations on your doctorate. My two favorite pieces in this collection are your zipper figure and your self-portrait. Based on your profile picture,I believe you captured the clean nature loving sense of whom you appear to be. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your 3 weeks worth of beautiful journal pages and art. I love the zipper too! How clever!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice if we could just journal a page that says don't have to work and play all the time. (In an endless spring/summer of course...though I like winter a bit when it first starts....just not when i goes on for ever!!!) Thanks for posting all those pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a page full of visual treats! I liked the zipper page...so thinking out of the box! I am sure I will have to come back and look again! Thank you so much for your loving words at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your journal and cards look wonderful Samara! I am so glad you have enjoyed this workshop and I do appreciate the shout out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW! So much goodness here! I absolutely love your journal pages - and all that texture. Love the zipper, your self portrait (I agree - I totally heart Tam too) and your list - wish I could go to the beach this weekend. I don't know how I didn't see you before!
    Thank you for your visit - and comment about subscribing to the blog via email. I've never tried that before, but I will. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can figure it out :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so creative! I love your color use and the high energy in your artwork and your blog - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an abundance of fabulous work! Love you card and your collages, so beautiful with wonderful depth and creativity! Especially loved the piece with old photographs and the one with the zipper, but really - they are all wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. WoWza - you have been busy. !! What gorgeous colourful work. I love the different textures. Thank you for sharing with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. so much work you have created, lovely!! thanks for sharing with at CRAFTx carol

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for joining our Circle Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow - you have been busy! - such gorgeous creative projects - thank you so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  35. Super colors and unique and wonderful layouts. Love how you used the circles on in your work. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Woe what wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! What a diverse collection of beautiful pieces. You are a busy girl! So glad I stopped by. It was nice to meet you on my blog the other day...thanks for stopping by and thanks for all the wonderful inspiration here! Have a great, creative week!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow fabulous project
    Thanks for joining in our Easter challenge at Cards for men
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, that's a lot of work to share in one post! All awesomeness! I LOVE Roben-Marie. We've actually taken a few classes together, and she lives just an hour and a half from me and we get to see each other every now and then...and I LOVE all her classes. She is such a wonderful teacher and inspiration. And I'm also taking Lifebook 2013 (though I'm woefully behind!) and I've considering the monthly stencil girl kits...oh, so much to do, so little time! Thanks for stopping in at my blog. It's a pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! Great creativity! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. how gorgeous and unique! thanks for linking up with Aud!

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is wonderful- I am SO inspired by all I see. I love how you incorporate so much of YOURSELF into everything you create. It reminds me to be TRUE. Thank you so much for the beautiful, beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jearise here from Chalk N Stock and I want to say thank you for joining our challenge. I love all the colors and the way you put things together. I am so sure your daughter will love her bday card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. You are one busy bee. Beautiful work, Thanks for sharing with at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. gosh what wonderful pieces of art! thank you for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven

    ReplyDelete
  46. Samara, Oh my!!!, what a fantastic visual feast. I love every piece and your backgrounds are just amazing.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x