HOW TO RELIEVE ANXIETY...

GET TOTALLY DEPRESSED!

This had to be the funniest but most profound piece of advice and observation I have ever had from one of my children.  I thought it was absolutely brilliant!  Along with the numerous workshops I am taking right now (Mixed Media on-line) that are encouraging the embracing of ALL emotions, I have been doing some inner work to embrace all emotions - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Here is what I came up with.

1) I thought Jordan's words about the UPside of having chronic depression were brilliant, last week, when I was coming out of a 3 1/2 week bout of horrific depression - the longest in 8 years - (to truly see the benefit - that I would feel no anxiety whatsoever because I could feel "nothing"... as people with depression will know. I was absolutely "miffed" how profound this statement was.  A few years back when I told him "I just don't care about anything and I hate that."  He said to me: "Then just don't care about being depressed too."  Again - brilliant!  Gosh...

2) That I have come to realize that Depression is a truly wonderful gift in my life and healing tool kit.  One would not tend to see it that way!  Depression is an inner and outer instructor I have ignored and loathed for a very long time.  

But when else am I going to sleep all day, stay in my PJ's, eat very little but drink lots of liquids (a good flush and fast), let myself get really messy?  It just isn't my style.  I am SO fastidious about how I look etc. that I would never "take time off" my life like my Depression makes me do.  So I realized that my Depression is in fact, a wonderfully authentic friend - nothing to fear anymore and nothing to lament.  Something to celebrate.  

Tuck under the covers, get a tray beside me, load it up with food but perhaps put a tooth brush there too!


In light of all this...here is the art I came up with during this time.  I think those who also have a lifetime of Chronic Mental Illness will relate.  We are strong, we are brave and we are LOVED! and incredibly LOVING!  Let us never underestimate that...we have a gift, if we choose to see and embrace it.

Peace and Lovies!
Samara





















This next set is for a FREE workshop held by Carolyn Dube called WORDS.  Please check it out!!!!  It is SO cathartic.  Carolyn is a fantastic teacher and such a grace filled person to offer all this (many days of workshop video) for free.

This page was for GRATITUDE....
















 LOVINGLY SHARED WITH:

http://artistsinblogland.blogspot.ca/
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.ca/
http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/
http://creativeeveryday.com
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.ca

13 comments:

  1. What a heartfelt post. Your son is indeed very wise. What a beautiful way to flip something bad into something good. I can feel the catharsis in your work. Hugs and happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing...you art and your heart. This was an inspirational post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. Thank you for your heartfelt post. You have a loving and wise family, but it seems you know how to learn something from even the bad events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful heartfelt post...and amazing artwork to accompany it!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Samara
    I wish I could dance with my depression like this and made it into a friend instead of an enemy....I am on a completely different level... eaten up to the core by pain and the depression is having a ball... not a day without tears...not a day without thinking what's the point... losing every battle... no end to this stupid war. Love the way you express your feelings in your amazing artwork...
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your heart and your art......all great pages full of emotion.
    Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thomas Moore in Care of Soul write beautifully on the gifts of depression. Your son is very wise and I'm glad you were able to work with the insights you were given. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing with such authenticity your heart and your art! You have a very sage son! Glad you are above ground again. I can only imagine how daunting depression can be!! Thankfully you can hold hands with your beautiful art work along the way!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I am generally a "upside to everything" person, I haven't thought this way about depression. Thank you for the inspiration, something new to think about and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post and love your journal page! Belated HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful journal page!
    xxx Susi

    from the monthly challenge blog
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    hope you will visit and take part once this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a touching and heartfelt blog post - am having a similar but milder struggle at the moment, and you are truly inspiring. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful take on depression, your post has certainly cheered me up with this thought and your lovely artwork. TFS. xx

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x