ONE STITCH AT A TIME





Sewing

YUM YUM PRIZE AT OSAAT!

Sewing truly has been a therapy for me, and for the women I sew with.  I found a local sewing club in my area and began by starting a Quilting Class, something I had never done before - and I loved it!

When I was 13 - 15 my mother forced me, uhuh forced! to take Singer Sewing Classes and you can imagine what it was like getting me there to make moo moos and tea towels.  Little did I know that was only the beginning.

Within time I would learn to make suits, jackets and my own clothes for school - and there it began.

By the time I was in my 20's I was sewing all my clothes for work and saving a bundle - in the days where sewing was a 'save a bundle' hobby.  Today it is an enormously expensive hobby with $10,000 machines and material that is astronomically expensive.

But at my Husqvarna Club - I stay one of two people who still use Singer and stay under $1,000 for my 900 stitcher plus embroidery!  I am proud!!!! (though totally outsville) but I must say the shop owners don't differentiate between myself and others when I take a class.  They are welcoming as can be!  They just want to help people sew

So Appreciation for me (next to my 3 cubs) is any type of Art.  When I saw Stitcher Fae, done up by BBKakes, it was a no brainer.

Don't forget to go on over to OSAAT and try your hand to win Stitchy's 5 pack of Images, the yummalicious pack shown above!


They are always lovely and worth the entry.


HAPPY SUNDAY
Samara


1 comment:

  1. I sew love this Samara, not your usual art so it is super cool to see you outside of your box :) :) :) I invested a few weeks ago in a SInger sewing machine, all of $60 hehehehe, it goes forwards, backwards and even does zig zag, all I need for sewing card :) :) :) BIg hugs, Mimi xxxx

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x