WELL IT FINALLY HAPPENED....

I HAVE A MAN IN THE HOUSE!!!

and he is 13 years old...lol

THE BAR MITZVAH was a complete success.  Today I am going to post a few pictures so you can see just what we were up to, while initiating my youngest into this wonderful ritual of becoming "a man."

My oldest MAN, Jordan, was leading Taylor all the way.  He taught his little brother all he needed to know to fill his obligations within the ritual.  Without "the two of them" *lol* the BAR MITZVAH just wouldn't have happened with the joy, tears, laughter and celebration that we experienced.

ENJOY!

Jordan is showing Taylor how to don a Prayer Shawl or "Tallit"

Taylor and Jordan are saying the Blessing after putting on The Prayer Shawl (Tallit)

Jordan is teaching Taylor how to use Tefillan (each one - arm and forehead - contains the SHMA) a Sacred Prayer - "Hear O Israel, The Lord Our God is One...." but written in Hebrew Script and said in Hebrew

Taylor is "all wrapped up" trying to follow his big brother's perfect instructions

This part was hysterical!  Taylor did not know that part of the tradition is that when the ritual is over, the guests (40 of them) pelt him with candy that I gave to them when they entered the house.  You can see what he is protecting!!! lol  Jordan is playing his guitar and we are all singing SIMON TOVandMAZEL TOV, in other words - CONGRATS!  Hey, notice the banner - Thank You Mrs. Cricut Expressions Machine and many late nights!! 
Taylor is just figuring it all out and having a blast!  Maybe one of relief that his hour of Hebrew and singing Hebrew and learning all these new tricks of Tallit and Tefillan are over!  And boy, was my floor covered with candy!!!  Lucky my dogs were in the back room...


This was a HUGE surprise to Taylor!  He did not realize that part of the ritual is that 4 strong people lift Taylor on a chair while we sing and clap and they bounce him up and down!  You can see him saying: "Whowwwww" and holding on for dear life!  I'm the one in red on the left, jumping and clapping with Glee!  Proud Mommy!

Teary Mommy!
I am giving my speech to "my baby" but God's MAN! Oy Gavolt...or Oy Gavoy as I like to say, was this a teary moment, having my baby looking up at me and my big boy (MAN) Jordan just behind him!
And here is my new MAN not taking his eyes off me for a second while I told him all kinds of stories about him and situations he's not known about before - for 15 minutes!  He is a cutie eh!!!

And Mommy and Child.....ahhhhhh 
Look at that look of pride on Taylor's face.
Isn't that darling?  Oh, and on the fridge to the left, you get a peak at Jordan and Ayla too!

YUMMY YUM!~
The reward at the End!!!


TRULY LOVING GOD FOR MY 2 MEN
THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS LOVELY RITUAL AND FOR MY BOYS DEDICATION
SAMARA

p.s. Hi Ayla...You are not forgotten and are "my Goddess always!" xox Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of this special time, and for allowing us to share in your joy! I enjoyed all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this special time!!!! What a memory you all will have. I also missed a couple of your latest cards and they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What treasured memories!! I love the way you took us through each step of the ritual.

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x