ONE STITCH AT A TIME - #239 - ANYTHING GOES WITH MEN





Well, this card has alot of meaning for me. When my first born, Jordan, came along I fell in love with this stuffed monkey and gave it to him as his "beloved" toy.  And so it was - it went everywhere with him. 








G-d forbid I should lose it (as I did with his sister's Puffalump, as you would have read a few posts back!)

From that moment on, I surrounded Jordan - more like suffocated his room with monkeys - of every color, form, size and brand.  Yup - my OCD was in full form.





At 19 he finally said to me "Mom - I think it is enough with the Monkey's" and I am sure he was dying to say this to me for years!  But mensch (man) that he is, he didn't hurt his mommy's feelings when he got one for each birthday and holiday.  (omg this is embarrassing now that I think of it and he is 30 years old and a father!)

Well - my Jordan had a baby girl who is now 7 months old.  When I went to see Cadence Rose one day - the day she got her high chair - I went into the kitchen and she was with her mom upstairs.  I talked to Jordan and we began to cook together.  I turned around to get something he asked me to get and just about fell over!!!!

Guess what was sitting, with one arm propped on the high chair table - YUP - Jordan's original Monkey - that one I bought him when he was a wee little baby!

He decided he would pass on the tradition to his little girl.  Ohhhh I was in tears.  My first born thought enough of this to give the tradition (it sounds like Fiddler on the Roof at this point) to his offspring!!!!





So, as Jordan was sure to know - Cadence Rose has received a few Monkeys and will continue to, until one day she says to me "Granny, I think it is enough with the Monkey's."




And that is the story of why I went over to Stitchy's and then to Coosty's Creations and chose Baby Chimp for not only my man project, but I then turned it into my son Jordan's Birthday Card for his 30th - hee hee hee! Somehow, with Cadence covetting Jordan's original I felt I had permission again to give my Jordan this Chimp!!!!


Enjoy!

(I have not entered challenges - I have the flu)















1 comment:

  1. Awesome Samara and I love the story behind your creation :) :) :) Thank you so much for all the love you have put into creating with the Coosty pack treasure :) :) :) Big hugs, Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

My wish for you is a great day full of laughter! Samara x