WAITS FOR NO ONE....BUT LOVERS!
My card below shall explain the above. As part of receiving the STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD from ANN SCHACH of THE STAMPIN' SCHACH I am to write 8 "things" about me...so here goes:
1. I am a nut bar! Some people will agree this is for real, lol, but other's will merely think I live just off the map! I live my life in likely the most spontaneous way possible for someone of my age (54) and quite proud of it, I might say - hee hee - see what I mean! Humble too...kidding.
2. I am crazy in love with my 3 children! They have taught me more in this last week than likely in the 25 years that I started having them. They are the ones that "bring me home" when I have wandered too far off into space and sit me down and tell me to "get my feet back onto planet earth" and wisen up! They are also the ones that "bring me home" to the greatest love I have ever felt in my entire life...the only greater but very different being G-d, of whom they were created anyway!
3. I am unable to navigate my way through the day without "color." All the technicolor commercials, I swear, were made directly for me to see! My eyes live in colors, as does my heart and head. When I see colors, my heart races and all kinds of creative things happen to the neurons in my brain. The synapses begin and go a bazillion miles an hour. One time I looked at a painting I had of Arizona. It was an "Op Art" painting. I said "I wish I had a shirt in every color!" I trotted off to the second hand store (which is item 4) and came home with 5 sweaters, one in EXACTLY the hue, saturation etc. of each color in the painting. Color is what makes me tick and what I can memorize and how I see and navigate. Lay down crumbs of colors and I'd follow it anywhere! I'd wilt in a world of Black and White.
4. I am totally and always "out of style!" ...it annoys me to be "in style." Thus, I LOVE shopping at second hand stores and places I know are NOT "with it". My tiny town in the country makes THAT effortless!!! Besides, I'd be running around naked because I can't afford first hand stores.
5. I love living in the country and walking around on my property in the pitch dark. My son (25 year old Jordan) taught me to "love the stars" and appreciate their beauty as seen in the country without street lights and not in the city where he lives, Toronto. I can't resist seeing them now, and his name comes into my heart when I look up. I remember he and I going out on my porch one evening and his complete amazement at what he saw. That brought new eyes into me....his!
6. I am a complete INTROVERT. An off-the-edge introvert! YUP...believe it or not. Shocker ey...for everyone. Throughout my life I've been tested many times and same professional result, whether for a job, school, or psychological testing. Complete and total introvert and complete and totally socialized (but reluctantly so) extrovert. I LOVE being alone.
7. In the native culture I am a Dog! That doesn't sound too good! haha. But true. I'd rather sit on the floor like my 2 labs, am COMPLETELY kinesthetic, tactile (pretty much the same thing), love eating out of bowls and not plates (always) and truly - not kidding, curl up on pillows when I sleep, loyal to a fault, deep from the heart, (but silly from the head - not SO dog), am at total ease with using the woods as my "natural facilities" (too much information), and can lay still (or sit) for hours (meditate) for hours. I had to do a 30 day silent retreat, yearly, as part of the requirement for my job, so the "hours" part is a snap!!!! I must assure you I don't fetch bones, pee on carpets or lick people's faces (much) lol.
8. My pre-retired job was an Institutional Chaplain (Ministry.) Probably the wackiest one around...patients often asked "me" if they could see the Chaplain! I worked in Psychiatry and Detox and was a Psychotherapist for a bazillion years. I have far too many years post secondary education, including 2 years of Law School (which I attended only to see if I could pass the LSATS - rebel too.) I was a professional Graduate Student - Full Time and Part Time. When G-d yanked me into Ministry, that was it! My last and most enjoyable bout of Graduate School (Seminary) having a fire beneath my butt to do what I had always loved to do....help the sick, work with the dying, and understand and give compassion to the addicted and mentally ill. I was Director of Pastoral Care at a Major City Hospital and Nursing Home Facility and lived in a Convent. Now, doesn't that just knock your socks off! The Bohemian and A Convent...
Oh, I have to add a 9th.
9. My Grandfather, Mr. George Grant - Ship Builder - who died when I was 12 and he was 94, was and still is (on my shoulder) my HERO!
Now...on to my card. As part of being honored with The Stylish Card Award, tomorrow I shall pick MY 8 lovlies for you to visit and know! Thanks for reading and thanks Ann. Please visit Ann's site for the most creative use of solely Stampin' Up! products - Always. xox
Please click to enlarge photo
Please email me for further details if you like.
Stamping Sisters In Christ
Cute Card Thursday
Crazy 4 Challenge
Craft Your Passion
Moving Along with the Times
Craft Your Days Away
Crafty Purple Frog
Card Making Mama
Aly's Sunday Challenge
Fab N Funky
If the Show Fits
Lil Red Wagon
Our Daily Bread
Send a Smile 4 Kidz
Paper Crafting Journey
Do it With Digis
Fun with Shapes and More
Creative Card Crew
PILE IT ON